4.14.2009

Los Angeles



"So?"

"So...what?"
"What do you think, you know, of him?"
"Definite upgrade. I guess I'll hold off calling you jerk-magnet behind your back this time."

"You use that term a lot when you want to make a point about anything in my lovelife. Not that you pay attention."
"That's how this cookie crumbles in this family, big sis. Everyone gets the third degree."
"And you don't ever let me forget it, even when times are good."
"Nope."

"And I can still beat you up and call you a dork."
"No shit."

-------------------

"I didn't expect lunch to be so much drama. I mean, I eat lunch, I just don't lunch, you know, as a verb."
"Don't worry, honey. Just think of it as a broad stroke meeting."
"You mean execute or get executed."
"Don't you have your work all cut out for you now. It's really not a big deal."

"I'm sorry. I don't want to make it sound like it's so much work, but...I just know what I'm not, okay, and I'm no good at this kind of thing. But I'll do it, for you."
"I somehow get the feeling that I'll always be in your debt."

"But you are. And I intend to collect, like, right now."

--------------------

"Mmpphh...what time is it?"
"It's an hour before sunrise. The night weeps at its spirit's breaking. Just the perfect time for a parting. Coffee's ready."
"Thank you, but I'd rather take tea right now. I'll go ahead and make it."
"Your boy called. He'll be here in an hour. I'd better take out the Cassis and start making ice cubes."

"You're becoming overly fond of him if you're willing to spike his water this early."

"He's a good boy. An old lady can't complain."

"I'm glad you approve."
"I was in love too, once upon a time. He was very handsome too."


No comments: