4.25.2009

Khajuraho

I am walking into your game, with all senses open. Cherish me by breaking the rules that embody me and you.



On her last day, the sky was ever so close. It looked like the first dawn of the world.

"Every one needs a place to call their own, no matter who they are. I hope you'll remember that you'll always have refuge here."

He opened his home to her. He opened his heart.

Sanctuary.

------------------------------

"A gift."

"It's beautiful." The stones seemed to glow beneath the dark hollow of his cupped palm. His fingers ghosted over the configuration of the enamels. A few strands of her hair were caught in it.

Silk on stone.

Who do I wear it for?

You'll know, just as I did.

She watched as he sighed and closed his hand over it. She would never tell him the story behind her gift, what it meant to give it away.



----------

My dear.

Do not be afraid. Do not move. Do not speak. No one will see us. Stay as you are. I want to look at you. We have tonight to ourselves and I want to look at you. Your body over me, your skin, your lips.

Close your eyes. No one can see us and I am here at your side.

Do you feel me?

When I touch you for the first time it will be with my lips. You will feel the warmth but you will not know where. Perhaps it will be on your eyes. I will press my mouth to your eyes and you will feel the warmth.

Open your eyes now my beloved. Look at me. Your eyes on my breast, your arms lifting me, letting me slide onto you. My faint cry. Your body quivering.

Who could ever erase this moment? There is no end to it, don't you see? You will be forever be throwing your head back, I will forever be shaking off my tears.

This moment had to be. This moment is and this moment will continue from now until forever.

What we were meant to do, believe me my love, we have done it forever.

( And if it serves your happiness, do not hesitate to forget this woman, who now says --

without a trace of regret --

Farewell. ) *











*The Letter from Silk, by A. Baricco, adapted by Francois Girard

No comments: