10.01.2008

Pale moon night at the Alpha



"I met you all the way out here," I said, grinning. "What more do you want from me?"

I will be the answer
At the end of the line

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "A dance."

While you take the time
In the burning of uncertainty

"I'm sorry? You want to dance with me here, with all these people --"

His eyes darkened. "A dance, that's all. I've always loved dancing with you."

I will be your solid ground
I will hold the balance
If you can't look down

"That's sweet, but I don't think I will." I gave him an awkward smile. "But don't think I'll forget your invitation."

"I'm afraid I must insist," he said, his gaze never leaving mine. "Who knows when I'd see you again?"

If it takes my whole life
I won't break, I won't bend

I was faintly aware of the music and my growing sense of embarrassment. "Another time."

Cast me gently
Into morning
For the night has been unkind

"Rachel." He took my hand, turned it over, and started tracing the veins along my wrist. "One dance."

Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life

I licked suddenly dry lips. "Okay," I replied quietly. "One dance."

When the stars have all gone out
You'll still be burning so bright

He laughed low in his throat. "That's my girl."

It will all be worth it
Worth it in the end




Answer by Sarah McLachlan

No comments: