4.13.2008

Famous Last Words

Kever Rochel (Rachel's Tomb), Bethlehem, 1841
.
"This is what the Lord says: Rachel...restrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded...there is hope for your future....your children will return to their own land." Jeremiah 31:15-17
.

Do you want to know someone? Heart, mind and soul? Ask them how they want to be remembered.



Reading through Khaled Hosseini's " A Thousand Splendid Suns" in yet another congested train station, I was struck by a particular passage:


". . . she (left) the world as a woman who had loved and been loved back. She (left) it as a friend, a companion, a guardian. A mother. A person of consequence at last."



I couldn't think of a more beautiful set of words for my epitaph.

1 comment:

Brijitt said...

thank you for viewing my blog, I honestly didn't think anyone read it.

there is great depth in your thoughts. please keep writing. =)